Payments Transformation in Asia – Leading the Discussion
The payment space in Asia is going through some of the most fascinating innovation and transformation! With strong regulatory push by national governments coupled with global players entry and local fintech innovations, this is the space to watch!
At GlobalPaymentSummit (GPS) we focus on innovation in the payment/transaction space and share essential top-level expertise! It is proven that companies that exposes employees to outside influences and ideas through attendance at conferences, membership in professional societies, and similar activities can help break down insularity. GPS offers a 2 days “Expert Infusion” that really adds value both in personal and professional development.
Have a look at our Program for 2017 . We are keen to learn of your feedback, suggestions and ideas! Join in our poll below and email your ideas to joyce @ transactives.com
Day 1 Monday 28 August 2017
- Keynote Opening by Gregory Gibb
- “The New Normal For Payments: Innovation. Disruption.”
- Real-Time Payments: the state of the art in Asia
- Remittances: “Reaching the last mile” efficiency
- Detecting Fraud, Managing Risk and Making Real-time decisions in Payment Systems
- Next Generation Regulatory Perspectives": global lessons learned
- Plenary panel on Regulatory “speed of change”
- Initial Coin Offerings the New Payment Realism?
- E-Commerce Asia Expert Panel
- Future of Payments in Indonesia
- ‘Going Cashless’ as catalyst for APAC Mobile Payments Market
- China: A day in the life - How Digital Finance the way that 1.4 billion people pay, shop, and save
- API – Open Banking developments: The new role of banks & non-banks
- Remittances - driving innovation in payments for Asia
- GPS - Florin Awards Asia Presentation
Day 2 Tuesday 29 August 2017
- Lessons from Social Payments in China: How digital platforms are driving financial inclusions and economic empowerment in China, and lessons for other markets
- Financial Inclusion in Asia – Is Digital the Direction?
- The Payment Card Reform Framework - Key initiative by Bank Negara Malaysia
- e-KYC - Simplifying the identity challenge
- Blockchain: the ultimate “cure” or a vague promise in Payments?
- Payments as a Commodity? No Way!
- Regional Fintech Showcase - Best Cases in Payments & Transactions
Keynote Opening by Gregory Gibb | CEO | Lufax / Shanghai Lujiazui Intl Financial Asset Exchange Co.
Opening Panel “The New Normal For Payments: Innovation. Disruption.”
Keynote Introduction by Eddie Haddad | Managing Director, Asia Pacific, SWIFT
Chris Humphrey, Executive Director, EU-ASEAN Business Council (Moderator)
Eddie Haddad, Managing Director, APAC, SWIFT
Payments & Innovation Executives from regional/global banks
Payments Services Provider representative
- RegTech impact on existing business models
- Self regulation vs Hard laws ; Fragmentation vs Harmonization
- E-commerce as key driver in displacing cash
- Challenges: Tackling the unbanked, providing ubiquitous EDCs, solutions for realtime P2P payments, emerging technologies as alternative to cards
- More efficient push transactions via ACH or digital currencies and blockchain solutions
- How can Innovation be imbedded within the ecosystem (properly positioned for legislation & supervision)
Makram Amin Bou Nassar | Exec. Director and Head of Payment Systems Dept | Central Bank of Lebanon
Tan Nyat Chuan, Director of Payment Systems Policy Dept | Bank Negara Malaysia
Bernard Wee | Exec Director, Financial Markets Dev. and Payments & Technology Solutions | MAS
Moderator: Paul Brisk | co-Founder | Digital Payments Asia Pacific | KL
Faisal Khan | Co-Host of Around the Coin Podcast
economic empowerment in China, and lessons for other markets
- The macro-economic situation in China
- Development of Digital Payments - Transition to Digital Finance - Driving economic development through digital
- The Future of Digital Finance in China
- Financial inclusion challenges in Asia today
- The China model- would it work?
- Models of digital inclusion
- Areas of regional growth
- The future of financial inclusion in Asia
David Lee Kuo Chuen | Professor of Fintech and Blockchain at the Singapore University of Social Science
Boon-Hiong Chan | Director Head of Market Advocacy APAC | Global Transaction Banking | Deutsche Bank
Antonio DeLorenzo | Vice President of Partnerships for identitii
Rediscovering the transaction space as a profit center
Practitioners Debate with banks / near-banks / non-banks
Tyrone Canaday | Managing Director | Protiviti | New York City
Dr. Srini V. Srinivasan | Founder and Chief Development Officer | Aerospike | SanFrancisco
Sam Tanskul | Managing Director , Krungsri Finnovate Co., Ltd. | Bangkok
Regional Fintech Showcase - Best Cases in Payments & Transactions
End of Program